Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Moving Day

I was so excited on July 1st because it was the day I was FINALLY going to see my new home. It was moving day! We drove into town the night before so we would be ready to meet our landlord first thing in the morning for our walk through and to hand over the keys. Our moving truck was meeting us shortly after. So happy we made it all the way to Denver with no problems, we took off for our last 20 minute drive to our new home. About 3 minutes into the drive, just before I hit the highway.... "CRASH!!!"........ F-ing semi decided he wanted to use both of the left turn lanes, and I found myself pinched between a semi to my right and the curb to my left. I guess we spoke too soon, we did not make it safely the whole way. Thankfully, nobody was hurt. I was mostly just annoyed because Mr. Semi-trucker was keeping me from seeing my new fabulous house! Dad stayed with me while Boyfriend and Baby C continued on to meet the landlord and moving company. Once the drama subsided, the work began. I finally got to see my new home and it is every bit as cute as I imagined it would be! Everyone helped unload the truck and cars. The girls did some heavy duty cleaning in the kitchen, living room and bathrooms, and the boys took care of the building/assembling and electronics. It has taken a long time to get settled in (there was a LOT of cleaning to get this place ready), but Boyfriend, Baby C and I are seemingly happy in our new home. Once we are completely unpacked and the decorations are up, I will try to get some pictures up for you to check out. ***Thanks Mom, Dad, and Momma J for all the help!!!! We are so glad you could make it out here to see our new home and help us get settled.

No comments:

Post a Comment