Monday, July 12, 2010

Goodbye Akron, Hello Denver!

Hello everyone! I am new to the blog world, but I am determined to keep family and friends updated on my new life in the Denver metro area. We moved to Colorado for a position I accepted as the Audiology Extern at the Marion Down's Hearing Clinic at the University of Colorado Hospital. My new home is located just East of Denver in the Aurora suburb. My roomies include my boyfriend and his brother (referred to as "Baby C"), my cat "Ruffy" (also known as "Orange" or "PR" by some) and my rabbit "Linus." We officially moved into our new home on July 1st. We've been here for nearly 2 weeks, and I love it! We are mostly moved in and have done a bit of sight-seeing already. Before I get to the Colorado fun, I should properly say "good-bye" to Akron. The top 10 things I will remember about Akron, OH: 10) The Polsky Building - This is the building were every class was located when on the UA campus, but let's be real... I'm not going to miss this building at all. 9) Clouds, clouds, clouds and more clouds - It is always cloudy in Akron. One of the most gloomy cities in the US. The only good thing about it was I didn't have to buy new sunglasses for the past several years. 8) Rockne's - The restaurant I was a waitress at for nearly 2 years. I will not miss the job. I hated the job. The food, however was fantastic and it will be missed greatly. I would personally recommend the cheesy ham and potato soup. 7) The JAR - We attended many Akron Zips basketball games at the James A Rhodes Arena. Gotta love those fierce kangaroo eyes. 6) The Barley House - A fantastic Irish pub in downtown Akron we visited on occasion. It is also, conveniently located across the street from the Polsky Building where I had class, so many "End of the Semester" celebrations took place there. If you ever get the chance to go, you should definitely order some pretzel bites with jalapeno cheese dip. YUM! 5) The Winery at Wolf Creek - Had delicious wine and an even better atmosphere at their charming outdoor picnic area. Good times with good people. 4) Our apartment - This was our first place together, and it was in a great location. We had some sweet views surrounding us, we were walking distance to the local pubs, and if we drove about 15 minutes in any direction we had hundreds of shops and restaurants to choose from. 3) The Valley - We frequented at the pubs in the valley of Akron. Our complex surrounded them, giving us a safe and quick walk home at night. 2) Sand Run Metro Park - A short walk from my apartment where I liked to go running. I also enjoyed driving through the river that runs over the road. 1) The awesome friends we've made over the last 3 years!!! - Love and miss you all. Please keep in touch!!! What is everyone else who moved for their externship going to miss about their old town?

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Love the blog, favorite, it's awesome! So excited to visit at some point, and can't wait to see pictures too.

    P.S. Going to have to change my google profile too, since 'Sister' for your blog comments doesn't work quite as well as 'Beaner 2' or 'Fave' would ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for bloggers! Welcome to the club Yo-Yo :)

    ReplyDelete