Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Exploring Colorado

The parents came a long way to help us get settled into our new place, so we couldn't have all work and no play! We took a break to enjoy a few day trips and check out the area while they were still here.
Trip #1: Coors Brewery
I guess we couldn't resist the urge to "tap the Rockies" so we headed for Golden, CO. We had a long wait outside in the blistering heat before making it onto the shuttle to get to the brewery tour (perhaps that's why I actually drank my free samples). It is one of those self-guided tours where you listen to a pre-recorded audio, allowing you to go through the brewery at your own pace. About half way through, they tease you with a small cup of Coors, or Coors Light. At the end of the tour, the give you up to three free samples. I had Blue Moon with an orange slice, Honey Moon Summer Ale, and straight up Coors Light. Not too bad if you ask me, but if you ask anyone else in our group, coors beer is only ok. It must be the fresh, natural mountain water they make the beer with that does it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment