Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Family Rocks!

My family rocks! 


My excitement has been building all week long for this past weekend to arrive.  Boyfriend has been hinting to me all week that something wonderful was going to happen.  I was given strict instructions to call him when I got to my car to come home after clinic on Friday.  From there I would be given further instructions.  I was instructed to go to Kohl's for 10-15 minutes to "look around for awhile and see if there's anything I like." From there, I was told to go to the grocery store for a 12-pack, some 7-up, and to pick up a little something for myself (I would be lying if I said the thought of us "celebrating" something that night never crossed my mind).  From there, I was told to call on my way home and Boyfriend met me outside to help bring the groceries in. 

When I walked inside, I immediately emptied my hands so I could throw my arms around MY DAD!!!!!  I walked in to find him hanging out in my kitchen!  Several hugs and kisses later, I finally made my way to the livingroom.  I could not believe my eyes when I saw GRANDPA sitting around the corner by the patio door!!!!  BEST SURPRISE EVER!!!! 


My reaction to seeing DAD!!!!!

G-pa came too!!!!!
Dad and G-pa have both had surgeries recently, so apparently they decided to come out here to visit before Dad had to go back to work!  Friday night we kept low key and just went out for a nice dinner.  On Saturday we went out to breakfast at a place called Rosie's that Dad really liked the first time he was here.  Then we went to the Coors Brewery.  We were able to take a modified tour that is shorter and uses the elevators so my visitors wouldn't over-due it on their legs. 

Coors Brewery
   
Harvest Moon

From there we did a little sight seeing and Boyfriend and I took them to see the beautiful view we had from the trail head of our most recent hike.   

 
Happiness!
 
Downtown Golden (and Down Denver in the distant background)

On Sunday we went to Garden of the Gods.  There was a part of the park we didn't go to the first time Dad was here and it didn't involve too much walking around so G-pa could handle it. 

Balanced Rock


G-pa!

We went to the US Air Force Academy on the way home.  We all know how much G-pa loves planes.  We caught one last dinner together and then I went back to the hotel with them to squeeze in a little more Dad and G-pa time before they had to go home in the morning. 

It was a FANTASTIC surprise!!!!!  LOVE YOU DAD and G-PA!!!  Please come again! 

2 comments: